Cybersecurity is one of the most significant areas for ensuring the success and longevity of a business. As the scale of cyber-attacks increases, company owners must supply protection to their business by recruiting skilled cybersecurity experts.
Since all industries are looking for safety and security for their data, the demand for cybersecurity is increasing day by day. It is the best time to start your career in network security as the number of jobs is expected to increase by almost 33% by the year 2030. So, here, we will discuss the information regarding cybersecurity certification and as a career choice.
What Is Cybersecurity?
Many organizations have already begun looking for cybersecurity to protect essential data from cybercriminals or hackers from government sectors to private sectors. Cybersecurity is mainly the practice to protect the networks, mobiles, data, servers, and systems from digital hackers. It is also called Information Technology Security. Also, many cafes, hotels, and restaurants are now using billing software for generating invoices safely.
Cybersecurity Certification Programs
Let’s know about the cybersecurity certification programs below:
1. CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professionals)
A CISSP certification will prove that you are experienced and skilled in IT security and can design and monitor the cybersecurity program. This Cybersecurity Professional Organization certification has ranked as the most sought-after credential in this IT industry. As per the statistics, almost 38% of people got this CISSP certification in 2021 worldwide.
2. CISA (Certified Information System Auditor)
This certification of the ISACA organization demonstrates your expertise in reporting on the security vulnerability assessment, reporting on compliance, and designing and implementation.
3. CISM (Certified Information Security Manager)
This certification from the ISACA organization lets you test your expertise in data security management, including issues like administration programs, program events, program development, and risk management.
4. CompTIA Security+
It is an entry-level security certification that verifies the core competencies required in any cybersecurity role. This certification demonstrates your capability to assess an organization’s security, monitor, and protect the cloud, IoT environments, mobile, etc.
5. CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker)
It is a certification offered by the EC-Council. You can get it to prove your skills in attack detention, prevention, penetration testing, and vectors.
6. GSEC (GIAC Security Essentials Certification)
GIAC offers this entry-level certification to those who have a background in networking and information. You can earn this certification to validate your skills in network security, cloud security, cryptography, etc.
7. SSCP (Systems Security Certified Practitioner)
This certificate shows that you are well-skilled in designing, implementing, and monitoring a secure IT infrastructure.
8. CASP+ (CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner)
This certificate is specially designed for those cybersecurity professionals who have advanced skills but want to work in technology, not management.
9. GCIH (GIAC Certified Incident Handler)
Acquiring GCIH certification legitimates your understanding of offensive cyber activity, including general attack tactics and your ability to detect, respond, and defend against vectors and attacks.
10. OSCP (Offensive Security Certified Professional)
It is one of the well-known certifications that is mainly for penetration testers. You can validate your ability to produce penetration test attacks for every attack through the certificate.
Cyber Certification Organizations
There are lots of major cybersecurity certification organizations in the market. You can choose a reputed organization depending on your ability and skills to get a certificate in cybersecurity. Once you get your certification done from any of the well-known organizations then any reputed company will acknowledge you. So, it will be best if you get the certificate from a well-known organization. Some of the organizations that are highly reputed in this cybersecurity market are:
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association- ISACA
- International Council of E-Commerce Consultants- EC-Council
- Global Information Assurance Certification- GIAC
- The International Information System Security Certification Consortium- (ISC)2
- CompTIA- The Computing Technology Industry Association
Best Cybersecurity Certificates
1. CISSP – You will need at least five or more years’ experience to qualify for the examination and get the certificate.
2. CISA – You need at least two years of experience in the IT sector or security, IS audit, control, or assurance.
3. CISM – If you want to appear in this exam, you must have five years’ experience in information security management.
4. CompTIA Security+ – You don’t need any experience to appear in the examination, but you can earn a Network+ certificate and gain two years of experience.
5. CEH – Candidates can apply for this examination to get the certificate if they have two years of experience in Information Security.
6. GSEC – You can apply for the examination to get a certificate in computer networking.
7. SSCP – Candidates need to have one year of experience in one or more testing areas to appear in the examination. You get a certificate if you qualify for the exam.
8. CASP+ – You can get this certificate if you have 10 years of experience in IT administration. It is mainly for experienced professionals.
9. GCIH – This certificate is for those interested in security principles, windows command line and networking protocols.
10. OSCP – It is recommended for those interested in Linux, Python, or Bash Scripting.
How To Choose the Best Cybersecurity Certification?
Earning the cybersecurity certification means you are validating your skills so that it can help you to grow in your career. But you should consider some things before opting for the proper certification. Those are:
1. Experience Level
Choose your certification depending on your experience level. It will benefit you as you will get validation for your experience. For instance, if you’re in the position of a project manager for a cybersecurity department then it would be useful for you to also follow a PMP Certification training to enhance your leadership and managing skills.
Cybersecurity certifications are very costly, and you may have to pay additional hidden charges. The correct certification will eventually offer you a high-salary job in the future. Make sure to invest wisely as almost 40% of employees said that their organizations had paid their course and test fees.
3. Choose Domain Expertise
If you are new to the cybersecurity field, it will be best to choose a general certification. Focus on your expertise area first, then go for certification as per your expertise level.
4. Proper Research
Before choosing any cybersecurity certification, conduct proper research and check various job portals. Through this, you will know what type of certification is in demand.
Almost every company is searching for cybersecurity professionals to protect their data in this technological era. So, now is the best time for you to choose cybersecurity as your career. If you think you are well-skilled in cybersecurity and have potential in that area and experience, you can apply anywhere at your convenience.
*** This is a Security Bloggers Network syndicated blog from Blog Feed authored by Blog Feed. Read the original post at: https://www.globalsign.com/en/blog/what-are-best-qualifications-cybersecurity-2022