Picture this: you're chilling during your free time, your favorite beverage in one hand, scrolling through the latest tech updates with the other, when suddenly a friend texts, panicking about a cyberattack that has just left them devastated.
CLICK TO GET KURT’S FREE CYBERGUY NEWSLETTER WITH SECURITY ALERTS, QUICK TIPS, TECH REVIEWS AND EASY HOW-TO’S TO MAKE YOU SMARTER
This scenario is more common than you think and could easily happen to anyone, especially those who harbor stubborn myths about cyber security.
If you're tossing your hair back, saying, "Well, I don't have anything a hacker would want," think again. Hackers aren't picky eaters. They'll feast on any bit of data they can find. Your banking details? Yummy appetizers. Personal information? A delicious main course.
To hackers, we're all just meals waiting to be devoured. The fix here is simple: Take digital threats seriously, set up a sound security system, and be mindful of what you share online.
HOW TO ADD SAFE BROWSERS TO YOUR MOBILE DEVICE
In the quest for robust protection against these lurking cyber threats, there’s a beacon of hope. Identity theft services. Identity theft protection companies can monitor personal information like your home title, Social Security Number (SSN), phone number and email address and alert you if it is being sold on the dark web or being used to open an account. They can also assist you in freezing your bank and credit card accounts to prevent further unauthorized use by criminals.
One of the best parts of using some services is that they might include identity theft insurance of up to 1 million dollars to cover losses and legal fees and a white glove fraud-resolution team where a U.S.-based case manager helps you recover any losses.
See my tips and best picks on how to protect yourself from identity theft by visiting Cyberguy.com/IdentityTheft
For all those confident souls who think a strong password is all the protection they need, here's a wake-up call: Hackers have become more intelligent. They've got tools and tricks to crack even the most complex passwords.
BEWARE OF CHERRYBLOS, THE ANDROID MALWARE THAT STEALS PASSWORDS
Create strong passwords for your accounts and devices, and avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts. Consider using a password manager to securely store and generate complex passwords. It will help you to create unique and difficult-to-crack passwords that a hacker could never guess.
It also keeps track of all your passwords in one place and fills passwords in for you when you're logging into an account so that you never have to remember them yourself. The fewer passwords you remember, the less likely you will be to reuse them for your accounts.
When it comes to choosing the best password manager for you, here are some of my top tips:
Check out my best expert-reviewed password managers of 2023 by heading to Cyberguy.com/Passwords.
FOR MORE OF MY TECH TIPS AND SECURITY ALERTS, SUBSCRIBE TO MY FREE CYBERGUY REPORT NEWSLETTER HERE
You got antivirus protection? Awesome! But remember, not all antivirus software is created equal. Some may provide better protection and performance than others, so choose wisely. And if you are running a free antivirus program, consider replacing it for these reasons.
For sure, the best way to protect yourself from having your data breached is to have antivirus protection installed on all of your devices. This will make sure you are stopped from clicking on any potential malicious links that may install malware on your devices and allow hackers to gain access to your personal information.
See my expert review of the best antivirus protection for your Windows, Mac, Android & iOS devices by heading to Cyberguy.com/LockUpYourTech
It's time to also address the belief that only downloading apps from official app stores is 100% safe. Here's the thing: official app stores do offer a safer environment, but they're not invincible. Some malicious apps can slip through, disguised as popular apps. A little extra caution won't hurt here.
Before downloading an app, do a little detective work. Check reviews, ratings, developer details, and app permissions. You will likely find this information at the bottom of the description page of whatever app you are attempting to obtain from the App Store or Google Play store.
TOP APPS TO TROUBLESHOOT YOUR WI-FI SIGNAL
Have faith in your WiFi password? It’s time to go a step further and boost your WiFi security. With Cyber threats becoming increasingly sophisticated, enhancing your WiFi security measures can safeguard your personal data and prevent unauthorized access to your network, ensuring you're more protected when you're online.
Enabling encryption: By enabling encryption, such as WPA2 (Wi-Fi Protected Access 2) or WPA3, you can ensure that the data transmitted over your Wi-Fi network is encrypted and not easily accessible to unauthorized users. Encryption adds a layer of security by encoding the data in a way that can only be decrypted by devices with the correct encryption key.
Changing default passwords: Many Wi-Fi routers come with default usernames and passwords set by the manufacturer. It is crucial to change these default credentials, as they are widely known and can make your network vulnerable to unauthorized access. Choose strong, unique passwords that are not easily guessable, and use a password manager, as I detailed above.
Using a Virtual Private Network: A VPN establishes an encrypted connection between your device and a remote server, routing your internet traffic through the VPN server. This adds an extra layer of security and privacy to your Wi-Fi network, as the data transmitted between your device and the VPN server is encrypted. It can help protect your data from potential eavesdropping and provide anonymity by masking your IP address.
For best VPN software, see my expert review of the best VPNs for browsing the web privately on your Windows, Mac, Android & iOS devices by visiting CyberGuy.com/VPN
MORE: HOW TO SPEED UP YOUR WIFI AND INTERNET CONNECTION
Despite the myth that it is difficult and time-consuming to update your software and devices, it is very easy and doesn't take a lot of time. You do not want to neglect those software-update notifications that pop up on your devices. Updates often include important security patches that fix vulnerabilities and protect against the latest threats. Keeping your operating system, apps and antivirus software up to date is crucial in maintaining a strong defense against cyberattacks.
Set your devices to automatically install updates or make it a habit to manually check for updates regularly to ensure you're running the latest, most secure versions. And don’t forget to always back up your devices if you should ever need to restore them. Remember, an outdated system is an open invitation for hackers. It's like leaving your doors unlocked when you go to bed.
It's always better to be safe than sorry. With these cyber security myths busted wide open, it's important to remember that digital security isn't a set-and-forget deal. It's more like a perpetual chess game, and you always need to stay a move ahead of the hackers out there.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
What's one thing that might change your behavior after knowing the truth behind these myths? Could it be finally tapping that neglected 'Update' button? Or perhaps it's time to secure that home Wi-Fi with a reliable VPN? Every strategy counts in this game. How will you up your cyber security game? Let us know by writing us at Cyberguy.com/Contact.
For more of my tech tips and security alerts, subscribe to my free CyberGuy Report Newsletter by heading to Cyberguy.com/Newsletter.
Copyright 2023 CyberGuy.com. All rights reserved.
Consider yourself a film aficionado? If so, these trivia questions about movies are for you. There’s a wide range of movie trivia questions here, including some on Star Wars, Marvel films, horror movies and even a dash of Christmas movie trivia. You’ll also find general questions about some of the best movies ever made, and pop culture trivia related to your favorite flicks.
Ready for the challenge? If so, sit back, grab the popcorn and test your film IQ—no peeking at the answers!
RD.com, Getty Images
1. Question: The code in The Matrix comes from what food recipes?
D. Pad thai
2. Question: What’s the name of Meatloaf’s character in The Rocky Horror Picture Show?
3. Question: Who actually drew the sketch of Rose in Titanic?
A. Leonardo DiCaprio
B. Billy Zane
C. James Cameron
D. Kathy Bates
Answer: James Cameron
4. Question: Who voices Joy in Pixar’s Inside Out?
A. Tina Fey
B. Kathryn Hahn
C. Ellen DeGeneres
D. Amy Poehler
Answer: Amy Poehler
5. Question: Where were The Lord of the Rings movies filmed?
C. New Zealand
Answer: New Zealand
6. Question: Which country does Forrest Gump travel to as part of the All-American Ping-Pong Team?
Speaking of teams, here are some fun trivia team name suggestions.
7. Question: Which famous Pulp Fiction scene was filmed backward?
A. Vincent and Mia’s dance scene
B. Mia’s overdose scene
C. The “royale with cheese” scene
D. The Ezekiel 25:17 scene
Answer: Mia’s overdose scene
8. Question: Which actor was in the following movies: The Outsiders, Wayne’s World and Tommy Boy?
A. Tom Cruise
B. Matt Dillon
C. Rob Lowe
D. C. Thomas Howell
Answer: Rob Lowe
9. Question: Who was the first Black person to win an Oscar?
A. Hattie McDaniel
B. Sidney Poitier
C. Dorothy Dandridge
D. James Earl Jones
Answer: Hattie McDaniel
RD.com, Getty Images
10. Question: Which is not the name of a child selected to tour the Wonka factory in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory?
A. Billy Warp
B. Veruca Salt
C. Mike Teavee
D. Charlie Bucket
Answer: Billy Warp
11. Question: Freddy Krueger wears a striped sweater that is which colors?
A. Red and blue
B. Orange and green
C. Red and green
D. Orange and brown
Answer: Red and green
12. Question: Who did the cat in the classic movie The Godfather belong to?
A. Francis Ford Coppola
B. Diane Keaton
C. Al Pachino
D. No one—the cat was a stray.
Answer: No one—the cat was a stray.
13. Question: What is the name of the fictional land where Frozen takes place?
14. Question: What score did Elle Woods get on her LSAT in Legally Blonde?
15. Question: Which movie is this famous line from: “I wish I knew how to quit you.”
A. Love Actually
B. How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
C. Brokeback Mountain
D. The Notebook
Answer: Brokeback Mountain
16. Question: What was the top-grossing movie of 2014?
A. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1
B. The Lego Movie
C. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
D. Guardians of the Galaxy
Answer: Guardians of the Galaxy
17. Question: True or false: Sean Connery wore a toupee in every James Bond movie (some of the best spy movies out there!).
RD.com, Getty Images
18. Question: How old was Stockard Channing when she played high school student Rizzo in Grease?
19. Question: Who directed the hit 2017 movie Get Out?
A. James Wan
B. Jordan Peele
C. Guillermo del Toro
D. Tim Story
Answer: Jordan Peele
20. Question: What item is in every Fight Club scene?
A. A Coca-Cola can
B. A Starbucks cup
C. A Dunkin’ donut
D. A Pepsi bottle
Answer: A Starbucks cup
21. Question: If you watch the Marvel movies in chronological order, which movie would you watch first?
A. Iron Man
B. Captain America: The First Avenger
C. Doctor Strange
D. Captain Marvel
Answer: Captain America: The First Avenger
22. Question: Which is the first movie in the Austin Powers franchise?
A. Austin Powers: Spy of the World
B. Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me
C. Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery
D. Austin Powers in Goldmember
Answer: Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery
23. Question: Which movie is this quote from: “Here’s looking at you, kid”?
A. Breakfast at Tiffany’s
B. Citizen Kane
24. Question: What is the name of the camp where counselors are terrorized by a slasher in Friday the 13th?
A. Camp Holland Lake
B. Camp Crystal Lake
C. Camp Diamond Lake
D. Camp Green Lake
Answer: Camp Crystal Lake
25. Question: Some of the velociraptor noises in Jurassic Park are actually which animals mating?
26. Question: Which actor hasn’t played the Joker?
A. Jack Nicholson
B. Sean Penn
C. Jared Leto
D. Mark Hamill
Answer: Sean Penn
27. Question: In which country was the 2017 movie Call Me By Your Name filmed?
If you’re a fan of Call Me By Your Name, stream these other LGBTQ+ movies during your next movie night.
RD.com, Getty Images
28. Question: The dog in The Sandlot is nicknamed “The Beast.” What’s the dog’s real name?
29. Question: Which singer starred alongside Steve Martin in 2006’s remake of The Pink Panther?
B. Britney Spears
D. Mariah Carey
30. Question: Which two movies started from the same script?
A. Star Wars and Close Encounters of the Third Kind
B. E.T. and Poltergeist
C. The Goonies and Indiana Jones
D. Jurassic Park and The Land Before Time
Answer: E.T. and Poltergeist
31. Question: How many Oscars has Halle Berry won?
32. Question: True or false: Speed is the only movie Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves have starred in together.
Answer: False—they also both starred in 2006’s The Lake House.
33. Question: Which movie is this quote from: “What’s in the box?”
B. Reservoir Dogs
C. The Boondock Saints
34. Question: In Mean Girls, Cady moves to Illinois from which continent?
35. Question: Michael Myers’s mask in Halloween is which actor’s face?
A. Clint Eastwood
B. Marlon Brando
C. Paul Newman
D. William Shatner
Answer: William Shatner
36. Question: Which movie was not directed by Tim Burton?
A. The Witches
B. Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure
C. Corpse Bride
D. Big Fish
Answer: The Witches
37. Question: Which movie does not feature Emma Stone?
B. Easy A
C. The Help
D. No Strings Attached
Answer: No Strings Attached
38. Question: What object was Toy Story’s Woody originally?
A. Ventriloquist dummy
C. Clown doll
D. Nesting doll
Answer: Ventriloquist dummy
39. Question: Who directed Silence of the Lambs?
A. Wes Anderson
B. Jonathan Demme
C. Oliver Stone
D. Christopher Nolan
Answer: Jonathan Demme
RD.com, Getty Images
40. Question: Which isn’t a core rule for handling a Mogwai in Gremlins?
A. Do not feed it after midnight.
B. Do not expose it to bright lights.
C. Do not let it get wet.
D. Do not let it get cold.
Answer: Do not let it get cold.
41. Question: Which professional athlete was considered for the lead in The Terminator?
A. Dan Marino
B. Mike Tyson
C. O.J. Simpson
D. Wayne Gretzky
Answer: O.J. Simpson
42. Question: True or false: The Shining was Stephen King’s first novel to be adapted into a movie.
Answer: False—1976’s Carrie was actually the first movie to be adapted from a Stephen King novel.
43. Question: How old was the voice actress of Monster Inc.’s Boo at the time of production?
44. Question: Who took home an Oscar for Best Actor in 1998?
A. Matt Damon
B. Jack Nicholson
C. Liam Neeson
D. Sean Penn
Answer: Jack Nicholson
45. Question: Which Star Wars characters appear in Indiana Jones?
A. R2-D2 and C-3PO
B. Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia
C. Yoda and Obi-Wan Kenobi
D. Han Solo and Chewbacca
Answer: R2-D2 and C-3PO
46. Question: Who plays lawyer-turned-youth-hockey-coach Gordon Bombay in The Mighty Ducks franchise?
A. Denzel Washington
B. Charlie Sheen
C. Emilio Estevez
D. Tim Allen
Answer: Emilio Estevez
RD.com, Getty Images
47. Question: True or false: Gone With the Wind’s fire scene depicts old sets being burned.
48. Question: In The Ring, how long do people have to live after they watch a cursed videotape?
A. Three days
B. Seven days
C. Five days
D. One day
Answer: Seven days
49. Question: Which famous line from Jaws was ad-libbed?
A. “I used to hate the water.”
B. “You’re gonna need a bigger boat.”
C. “All this machine does is swim, and eat, and make little sharks.”
D. “You know, a thing about a shark, he’s got … lifeless eyes. Black eyes, like a doll’s eyes!”
Answer: “You’re gonna need a bigger boat”—an iconic movie line that’s often misquoted.
50. Question: True or false: James Earl Jones voices Mufasa in 1994’s The Lion King.
51. Question: A Harry Potter stunt double was paralyzed on the job. Which actor did the stunt double do stunts for?
A. Rupert Grint
B. Emma Watson
C. Alan Rickman
D. Daniel Radcliffe
Answer: Daniel Radcliffe
52. Question: What song plays in the tunnel scene in Perks of Being a Wallflower?
A. “Heroes” by David Bowie
B. “Imagine” by John Lennon
C. “There Is a Light That Never Goes Out” by The Smiths
D. “High and Dry” by Radiohead
Answer: “Heroes” by David Bowie
53. Question: True or false: Toto was paid more than the Munchkins in The Wizard of Oz.
54. Question: Who plays Captain Steven Hiller in the 1996 blockbuster Independence Day?
A. Will Smith
B. Samuel L. Jackson
C. Denzel Washington
D. Terry Crews
Answer: Will Smith
55. Question: The set for which movie was buried underground for decades?
B. The Ten Commandments
C. The Great Train Robbery
Answer: The Ten Commandments
56. Question: Who played Wendy Torrance in The Shining?
B. Shelley Duvall
C. Sissy Spacek
D. Linda Ronstadt
Answer: Shelley Duvall
57. Question: Which was the first movie to show a toilet flushing?
B. Citizen Kane
C. The Graduate
58. Question: Which movie was Spike Lee’s first feature film?
A. She’s Gotta Have It
B. Do the Right Thing
C. School Daze
D. Malcolm X
Answer: She’s Gotta Have It
59. Question: True or false: In Django Unchained, Leonardo DiCaprio intentionally cut his hand during a scene.
RD.com, Getty Images
60. Question: Which word completes this quote from Apocalypse Now: “I love the smell of ___ in the morning.”
61. Question: Dracula was filmed in English during the day, and in what other language at night?
62. Question: What karaoke song does Cameron Diaz’s character sing in My Best Friend’s Wedding?
A. “I Just Don’t Know What I’d Do With Myself”
B. “I Will Always Love You”
D. “Could This Be Love”
Answer: “I Just Don’t Know What I’d Do With Myself”
63. Question: True or false: Jimmy Stewart did not want to do It’s a Wonderful Life.
64. Question: Which actor plays Private Ryan in Saving Private Ryan?
A. Tom Hanks
B. Vin Diesel
C. Edward Burns
D. Matt Damon
Answer: Matt Damon
65. Question: Who is the youngest person to ever win an Oscar?
A. Jennifer Lawrence
B. Mickey Rooney
C. Haley Joel Osment
D. Tatum O’Neal
Answer: Tatum O’Neal
66. Question: True or false: Bradley Cooper’s first movie role was in 2005’s Wedding Crashers.
Answer: False—his first role was actually in 2001’s Wet Hot American Summer.
67. Question: What is the name of Jeff Goldblum’s character in Jurassic Park?
A. Dr. Ian Malcolm
B. Dr. Malcolm Stevens
C. Dr. Evan Malcolm
D. Dr. Michael Ian
Answer: Dr. Ian Malcolm
68. Question: What is the highest-grossing movie of all time?
C. Avengers: Endgame
D. Star Wars: The Force Awakens
69. Question: Which movie was Corey Feldman not in?
A. Stand By Me
B. Fast Times at Ridgemont High
C. The Goonies
D. The Lost Boys
Answer: Fast Times at Ridgemont High
70. Question: Who was originally cast to voice Shrek?
A. Bill Murray
B. Chris Farley
C. David Spade
D. Chris Rock
Answer: Chris Farley
RD.com, Getty Images
71. Question: Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth first met on the set of which film?
A. Hannah Montana: The Movie
B. The Last Song
C. The Hunger Games
D. Safe Haven
Answer: The Last Song
72. Question: Which is the first movie in the Bourne franchise?
A. The Bourne Legacy
B. The Bourne Supremacy
C. Jason Bourne
D. The Bourne Identity
Answer: The Bourne Identity
73. Question: True or false: Mickey Mouse has five fingers.
Answer: False—Mickey Mouse has four fingers.
74. Question: Which actor isn’t in Anchorman?
A. Paul Rudd
B. Seth Rogen
C. David Koechner
D. Adam Scott
Answer: Adam Scott. Even though Scott wasn’t featured in this Will Ferrell movie, he does act alongside Ferrell in the 2008 comedy Step Brothers.
75. Question: What are the names of the two people behind Ghostface in Scream?
A. Billy and Steve
B. Bobby and Stu
C. Bobby and Steve
D. Billy and Stu
Answer: Billy and Stu
Can’t get enough movie trivia in your life? Snag one of these fun games for your next game night—they also make great gifts for movie enthusiasts!
76. Question: What year was the first Die Hard movie released?
77. Question: What is the name of the chainsaw-wielding maniac in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre?
78. Question: Which movie does not feature Catherine O’Hara?
A. Nothing Personal
B. The Nightmare Before Christmas
D. City of Angels
Answer: City of Angels
79. Question: Who plays the convenience store clerk seen at the beginning of Juno?
A. Bill Hader
B. Rainn Wilson
C. Andy Samberg
D. Jonah Hill
Answer: Rainn Wilson
RD.com, Getty Images
80. Question: True or false: The first Academy Awards were handed out in 1925.
Answer: False—they were first handed out in 1929.
81. Question: Which movie stars Jim Carrey and Kate Winslet as a broken-up couple who seek to erase memories of each other?
B. It Had to Be You
C. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Answer: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
82. Question: What was the highest-grossing movie of 2005?
A. War of the Worlds
B. Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
C. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
D. The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe
Answer: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Check out more Harry Potter trivia that puts your wizard knowledge to the test.
83. Question: Which actress has the most Oscar wins?
A. Katharine Hepburn
B. Meryl Streep
C. Ingrid Bergman
D. Elizabeth Taylor
Answer: Katharine Hepburn
84. Question: When was the first Mission: Impossible movie released?
Don’t forget to check out the most popular movie the year you were born.
85. Question: How many movies did Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers do together?
86. Question: Who voices Lenny the shark in 2004’s Shark Tale?
A. Adam Sandler
B. Will Ferrell
C. Jack Black
D. Jimmy Fallon
Answer: Jack Black
87. Question: What movie is this famous quote from: “You can’t handle the truth!”
A. Training Day
B. Saving Private Ryan
C. A Few Good Men
Answer: A Few Good Men
88. Question: Which romantic movie does not feature Ryan Reynolds?
A. The Proposal
B. Definitely, Maybe
C. Just Friends
D. He’s Just Not That Into You
Answer: He’s Just Not That Into You
RD.com, Getty Images
89. Question: Which character in The Godfather is nicknamed “The Turk”?
A. Emilio Barzini
B. Sonny Corleone
C. Virgil Sollozzo
D. Salvatore Tessio
Answer: Virgil Sollozzo
90. Question: Which comedian makes a zombie cameo in Zombieland?
A. Dan Aykroyd
B. Chevy Chase
C. Steve Martin
D. Bill Murray
Answer: Bill Murray
91. Question: How many times has A Star Is Born, which was originally released in 1937, been remade?
92. Question: Which actress plays Julia Child in Julia & Julia?
A. Meryl Streep
B. Diane Keaton
C. Jane Fonda
D. Joan Cusack
Answer: Meryl Streep
93. Question: Which movie does not feature Winona Ryder?
B. What’s Eating Gilbert Grape
C. Bram Stoker’s Dracula
D. Girl, Interrupted
Answer: What’s Eating Gilbert Grape
94. Question: Which movie does not star Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore?
A. The Wedding Singer
B. Fever Pitch
D. 50 First Dates
Answer: Fever Pitch. Barrymore does actually star in 2005’s Fever Pitch, but she appears opposite Jimmy Fallon.
95. Question: True or false: Han Solo’s classic “I know” line in Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back was improvised by Harrison Ford.
96. Question: What was Tyler Perry’s first movie as Madea?
A. Madea’s Family Reunion
B. Meet the Browns
C. Diary of a Mad Black Woman
D. Madea Goes to Jail
Answer: Diary of a Mad Black Woman
97. Question: In Passengers, Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt star as voyagers to a new planet who awaken decades too early in their trip. Why does Lawrence’s character wake up?
A. Her hibernation pod malfunctions.
B. The captain of the ship wakes her up so she can participate in an experiment with Pratt’s character.
C. Pratt’s character wakes her up because he wants a companion.
D. She has a medical emergency.
Answer: Pratt’s character wakes her up because he wants a companion.
98. Question: Which phrase completes this famous quote from The Princess Bride: “Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. ______.”
A. “And now, you will pay.”
B. “Face me now, coward.”
C. “Prepare to die.”
D. “Tell me, why?”
Answer: “Prepare to die.”
RD.com, Getty Images
99. Question: Around how long did it take to make The Nightmare Before Christmas?
A. Two years
B. Three years
C. Five years
D. Six years
Answer: Three years
100. Question: What’s the name of the planet Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker duel on in Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith?
In need of an intergalactic movie marathon? Here’s how to watch the Star Wars movies in order.
101. Question: Where was The Notebook filmed?
A. Savannah, Georgia
B. Wilmington, North Carolina
C. Richmond, Virginia
D. Charleston, South Carolina
Answer: Charleston, South Carolina
102. Question: Bedford Falls, the town in It’s a Wonderful Life, is based on which real New York town?
A. Seneca Falls
B. Genesee Falls
C. High Falls
D. Keuka Falls
Answer: Seneca Falls
103. Question: What is the name of Jessie’s horse in Toy Story 2?
104. Question: What college did Harry and Sally attend in When Harry Met Sally?
A. University of Chicago
B. Ohio State
C. Northwestern University
D. New York University
Answer: University of Chicago
105. Question: Who played Officer Slater in Superbad?
A. Joe Lo Truglio
B. Bill Hader
C. Jason Segel
D. Zach Braff
Answer: Bill Hader
106. Question: Who says the iconic “As if!” line in Clueless?
107. Question: Which actor hasn’t played Spider-Man?
A. Tobey Maguire
B. Topher Grace
C. Andrew Garfield
D. Tom Holland
Answer: Topher Grace
108. Question: Which film won the Oscar for Best Picture in 1995?
A. Pulp Fiction
B. Four Weddings and a Funeral
C. The Shawshank Redemption
D. Forrest Gump
Answer: Forrest Gump
109. Question: What year does Dirty Dancing take place?
RD.com, Getty Images
110. Question: Which actor wasn’t in The Deer Hunter?
A. Al Pacino
B. Robert De Niro
C. John Savage
D. Christopher Walken
Answer: Al Pacino
111. Question: Which movie musical stars Meryl Streep and Amanda Seyfried as a musical mother and daughter living on a Greek island?
A. Mamma Mia!
D. La La Land
Answer: Mamma Mia!
112. Question: What is the name of Rapunzel’s pet chameleon in Tangled?
113. Question: What year was The Dark Knight released?
114. Question: Who directed the two hit horror movies Hereditary and Midsommar?
A. James Wan
B. Ari Aster
C. Rob Zombie
D. Jordan Peele
Answer: Ari Aster
115. Question: Director Kevin Smith plays which character in the Clerks movies?
A. Silent Bob
Answer: Silent Bob
116. Question: What occupation does Dianne Wiest’s character Peg have in Edward Scissorhands?
B. Avon saleswoman
D. Travel agent
Answer: Avon saleswoman
117. Question: Briar Rose is the pseudonym for which Disney princess?
Love all things Disney? Test your knowledge with Disney trivia for the whole family!
118. Question: Which comedian didn’t star in Three Amigos?
A. Henry Winkler
B. Martin Short
C. Chevy Chase
D. Steve Martin
Answer: Henry Winkler
119. Question: You’ve Got Mail features several nods to which 1940s flick?
B. The Shop Around the Corner
C. The Philadelphia Story
D. It’s a Wonderful Life
Answer: The Shop Around the Corner
RD.com, Getty Images
120. Question: In which city does Rosemary’s Baby take place?
A. New York City
Answer: New York City
121. Question: What is the call sign of Maverick’s best friend and radar intercept officer in Top Gun?
122. Question: In She’s All That, why does Zach (Freddie Prinze Jr.) ask out Laney (Rachael Leigh Cook)?
A. He’s had a crush on her since elementary school.
B. He was paid to.
C. He bet his friends he could turn her into prom queen.
D. He’s hoping she’ll tutor him for finals.
Answer: He bet his friends he could turn her into prom queen.
123. Question: Which horror movie features the following cast members: Drew Barrymore, Matthew Lillard, Rose McGowan and David Arquette?
A. I Know What You Did Last Summer
C. Bride of Chucky
D. The Blair Witch Project
124. Question: What is the name of the 1954 movie starring Audrey Hepburn, William Holden and Humphrey Bogart as three people involved in a love triangle?
A. It Happened One Night
B. Breakfast at Tiffany’s
D. Love in the Afternoon
125. Question: What is the name of the a capella group Anna Kendrick’s character, Beca, joins in Pitch Perfect?
A. The Beats
B. The Trebles
C. The Melodies
D. The Bellas
Answer: The Bellas
126. Question: What is the name of the pirate whose treasure the kids are after in The Goonies?
A. One-Eyed Willy
B. Old Jack
C. Captain Black Beard
D. Silent Seadog
Answer: One-Eyed Willy
127. Question: Who played Atticus Finch in the 1962 drama movie To Kill a Mockingbird?
A. James Stewart
B. Gregory Peck
C. Gary Cooper
D. Jack Lemmon
Answer: Gregory Peck
128. Question: What word completes this famous quote from Jerry McGuire: “Show me the ____.”
RD.com, Getty Images
129. Question: Rocky famously runs up the steps of which building in Rocky?
A. The Philadelphia Museum of Art
B. Philadelphia City Hall
C. The Franklin Institute
D. Independence Hall
Answer: The Philadelphia Museum of Art
130. Question: Which planet does the crew in 2001: A Space Odyssey travel to?
131. Question: What is the name of the eerie bunny in Donnie Darko?
132. Question: Who played Sam Witwicky in the Transformers franchise?
A. Ashton Kutcher
B. Zac Efron
C. Aaron Taylor-Johnson
D. Shia LaBeouf
Answer: Shia LaBeouf
133. Question: What game do the Heathers and Veronica frequently play in Heathers?
134. Question: Which Monty Python movie is the quote “It’s just a flesh wound” from?
A. Monty Python’s The Meaning of Life
B. Monty Python and the Holy Grail
C. Life of Brian
D. And Now for Something Completely Different
Answer: Monty Python and the Holy Grail
135. Question: Which Shakespeare play is the movie 10 Things I Hate About You based on?
A. A Midsummer Night’s Dream
B. The Taming of the Shrew
C. Much Ado About Nothing
D. The Comedy of Errors
Answer: The Taming of the Shrew
136. Question: Which actor isn’t in Knives Out?
A. Chris Evans
B. Michael Shannon
C. Jaeden Martell
D. Jacob Tremblay
Answer: Jacob Tremblay
137. Question: Which movie stars Dustin Hoffman and Robert Redford as the journalists who broke the Watergate scandal?
B. The Break-In
D. All the President’s Men
Answer: All the President’s Men
138. Question: What job does Will Hunting (Matt Damon’s character) have in Good Will Hunting?
D. Convenience store clerk
139. Question: Who does Tim Curry play in Clue?
A. Professor Plum
C. Mr. Green
D. Colonel Mustard
140. Question: What does Miguel want to be when he grows up in Coco?
A. A doctor
B. A musician
C. A painter
D. A teacher
Answer: A musician
141. Question: In She’s the Man, Amanda Bynes plays Viola, a teen who poses as her twin brother and attends his boarding school. What’s her brother’s name?
RD.com, Getty Images
142. Question: Which movie doesn’t star Molly Ringwald?
A. Sixteen Candles
B. Can’t Buy Me Love
C. The Breakfast Club
D. Pretty in Pink
Answer: Can’t Buy Me Love
143. Question: What is the name of the disorderly fraternity at the center of National Lampoon’s Animal House?
A. Gamma Phi Gamma
B. Kappa Phi Theta
C. Chi Sigma Lambda
D. Delta Tau Chi
Answer: Delta Tau Chi
144. Question: Which two actors starred in the 2012 movie adaptation of 21 Jump Street?
A. Seth Rogen and James Franco
B. Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg
C. Andy Samberg and Chris Pratt
D. Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum
Answer: Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum
145. Question: Three movies have won 11 Oscars, creating a three-way tie for most Oscars won by a movie. Which movie isn’t included in that tie?
B. The Godfather
D. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
Answer: The Godfather
146. Question: In the 2000 movie Love & Basketball, the two main characters, Monica and Quincy, play basketball for which college?
A. The University of Southern California
B. Duke University
C. The University of Connecticut
D. Michigan State University
Answer: The University of Southern California
147. Question: Which ‘90s coming-of-age movie features Christina Ricci, Thora Birch, Rosie O’Donnell and Demi Moore in its cast?
A. My Girl
B. The Man in the Moon
C. Now and Then
D. Dazed and Confused
Answer: Now and Then
148. Question: What is the name of Jeff Bridges’s character in The Big Lebowski?
A. The Man
B. Big Guy
C. The Dude
D. Big Dude
Answer: The Dude
149. Question: When was the last Twilight movie released?
150. Question: Which actor hasn’t played Batman in a movie?
A. Ben Affleck
B. Robert Pattinson
C. Will Arnett
D. Christian Slater
Answer: Christian Slater
So, how many movie trivia questions did you get right? A lot, we bet! If you want to keep the trivia train going, test your knowledge with this book trivia quiz.
Think you've got what it takes to outsmart your friends and family in a rousing game of trivia?
Then it's time to put your skills to the test and see how much you really know on subjects like entertainment, history, sports, movies, books, animals, technology, music and, well...pretty much anything else you can think of.
To find out what exactly you're made of, see how many of the following trivia questions you can correctly answer.
This comprehensive list runs the gamut from relatively easy to challenging brain teasers, promising to supply you a run for your money, even if you aren't placing bets on who's going to take home the trophy.
To keep it fair, there are questions the kids can probably answer on things like Dr. Seuss books and other family-friendly topics, as well as Trivial-Pursuit grade stumpers like "which U.S. president was a bartender?"
We'd tell you the answer now, but what's the fun in that? To find out, you'll just need to read on.
And whether you're a Jeopardy champ or just an armchair trivia warrior, at least of few of these questions are bound to leave you scratching your head. But if you can guess them all, then congratulations, you're a brainiac!
Either way, it's time to put your thinking cap on — and when you're through, you'll be armed with enough knowledge to supply good ol' Einstein a run for his money.
Turn your next at-home hangout into a trivia night. Choose a host, divide the group into teams and break the questions up to form rounds. The host asks one question at a time and teams write down their answers. Once all of the questions have been asked, the host calls out the right answers and then teams tally up their points.
ChatGPT's ability to provide conversational answers to any question at any time makes the chatbot a handy resource for your information needs. Despite the convenience, a new study finds that you may not want to use ChatGPT for software engineering prompts.
Before the rise of AI chatbots, Stack Overflow was the go-to resource for programmers who needed advice for their projects, with a question-and-answer model similar to ChatGPT's.
Also: How to block OpenAI's new AI-training web crawler from ingesting your data
However, with Stack Overflow, you have to wait for someone to answer your question while with ChatGPT, you don't.
As a result, many software engineers and programmers have turned to ChatGPT with their questions. Since there was no data showing just how efficacious ChatGPT is in answering those types of prompts, a new Purdue University study investigated the dilemma.
To find out just how efficient ChatGPT is in answering software engineering prompts, the researchers gave ChatGPT 517 Stack Overflow questions and examined the accuracy and quality of those answers.
Also: How to use ChatGPT to write code
The results showed that out of the 512 questions, 259 (52%) of ChatGPT's answers were incorrect and only 248 (48%) were correct. Moreover, a whopping 77% of the answers were verbose.
Despite the significant inaccuracy of the answers, the results did show that the answers were comprehensive 65% of the time and addressed all aspects of the question.
To further analyze the quality of ChatGPT responses, the researchers asked 12 participants with different levels of programming expertise to supply their insights on the answers.
Also: Stack Overflow uses AI to supply programmers new access to community knowledge
Although the participants preferred Stack Overflow's responses over ChatGPT's across various categories, as seen by the graph, the participants failed to correctly identify incorrect ChatGPT-generated answers 39.34% of the time.
According to the study, the well-articulated responses ChatGPT outputs caused the users to overlook incorrect information in the answers.
"Users overlook incorrect information in ChatGPT answers (39.34% of the time) due to the comprehensive, well-articulated, and humanoid insights in ChatGPT answers," the authors wrote.
Also: How ChatGPT can rewrite and Improve your existing code
The generation of plausible-sounding answers that are incorrect is a significant issue across all chatbots because it enables the spread of misinformation. In addition to that risk, the low accuracy scores should be enough to make you reconsider using ChatGPT for these types of prompts.
Q. I have a 2005 Buick Lacrosse and it has been making a clacking, snapping sound when I brake, and 50-100 ft after brake is released. The sound itself seems to come from the from the brake on the left side, and toward the center front in the car. Sometimes if I hit an unforeseen bump which cannot be avoided, I hear the same sound. The mechanic replaced the left front tie rod, but the noise remains.
A. I would start by going on a road test with a mechanic so you both hear the same noise. I suspect that the first repair was on the right track. It is possible something in the front suspension, inner tie-rod end wear is common, stabilizer links, body mounts or even a brake caliper is shifting could be making the noise.
Q. The speedometer is memorizing way out of normal range (on the dial). Does the dash need to be removed to repair this, or does the speedometer mechanism have to be replaced entirely? Can it be reset?
A. This really depends on the age and type of vehicle. Nearly all speedometers today are electronic and do not use traditional cable drives. The issue could be the speed sensor in the transmission, or a faulty circuit in the instrument panel. A technician with a scan tool should be able to determine is the speed sensor is working properly.
Q. The steering wheel whirrs when I make a sharp right or left turn and the noise seems to be outside the car. Is this a simple repair job?
A. There could be several causes of this noise, from low power steering fluid to a worn or losoe power steering belt.
Q. I own a 2015 Mercedes GLK 250 diesel, which has displayed the check engine light frequently. The dealership has checked this out with repairs and claimed it to be part of the recall for diesel emissions. The recall was completed, and the light still returned intermittently. It frequently occurred after long road trips over 150 miles and with subsequent driving sometimes went off by itself. Mercedes high end repair shops recommended replacement of the entire sensor board since they said it was easier to affect a repair by its replacement rather than trying to replace the sensors individually. This is a very expensive repair. They said that since l am a Mercedes owner, I could afford the expense. Hogwash. Is this a Mercedes engineering fiasco?
A. The first thing that needs to be performed is a test to see what codes are causing the check-engine light. There are some common issues with this vehicle. Some or all of the following could cause a check engine light to be illuminated intermittently. There could be a vacuum leak, damaged and leaking O-rings, damaged water pump impeller, low battery voltage and even contaminated coolant or engine oil. Using the “parts-cannon or shotgun” approach of just throwing parts at the car almost never actually repairs the issue and is certainly not in the customer’s best interest.
Q. I have a 2006 Toyota Sienna, 103,000 miles, runs great, well maintained with no problems. Should I have the transmission fluid changed? As far as I know. The fluid was never changed.
A. Toyota considers it a lifetime fill and unless there is a leak or other issue is good for the lifetime of the car. But you could certainly change it as a preventative measure. If you do use only Toyota or equivalent fluid, not a generic fluid used in some flushing machines. If it were my vehicle and I drove it “normally” I would leave well enough alone.
Q. My Husband’s car was taken to get an oil change and inspection sticker yesterday. They did the oil change but rejected the car for the sticker. The reason was front body rot/rust. A front cross member piece is needed because it is so badly rusted. The car is a 2007 Chrysler Pacifica; do you think one could be found? He loves the car, and it still looks great. Any suggestions?
A. Yes, you can find a good rust free front subframe on eBay motors and other salvage yard websites. The part is $6-$900 plus about six hours labor to install it, plus a wheel alignment. There could be added expenses due to other rusty parts, but yes it can be repaired.
Q. I own a 2016 black Subaru Forester and I need to touch up some scratches. Can you please recommend a good brand to purchase for me to do the job myself?
A. The brand that I have been most happy with over the years is www.automotivetouchup.com Great color match and everything from touch up pens to quarts and gallons. Plus, they have clear coat paint to get the factory finish look. Recently I was alerted to another similar company https://touchuppaintfactory.com which also has factory color match in all size applicators. Like all painting, the preparation before painting is what determines the outcome of the job.
Q. I recently saw a Chevrolet at a car show, it was a small two-door wagon (not a Chevrolet Vega). The car was highly modified with a big V-8 engine. The steering wheel was on the left and I suspect it may have been a Canadian car. Is this enough of a clue to know what it could be?
A. What you may have seen (and I just saw one recently) was a Chevrolet Caravan. The car was from Brazil and sort of a combination of a Chevy and Opel. Sometimes referred to as an Opala, the factory engine was a 2.5-liter, 150 cubic-inch four-cylinder, but over the years many four-cylinder engine were replaced with a larger 250 cubic inch straight six-cylinder engine.
Got a car question, email the Car Doctor for a personal reply. firstname.lastname@example.org
Q. I enjoy your column and have a question of my own regarding my 2013 Ford Escape with 41,000 miles. Recently I had the annual state vehicle inspection, tire rotation and fluid changes at my Ford dealer. Everything passed inspection but the service manager advised that some of the car’s lug nuts were swollen. He said if I had a flat tire the lug nut may not come off and the car would have to be towed for service. (I have AAA 100-mile towing) Never heard of this problem before and did some research on the internet. It is apparently a common occurrence with my model vehicle and some other Fords from the same time period. Ford was contacted by several owners but gave no relief. Is this something that I should pursue through Ford channels or just suck it up and pay the price for replacement myself? They did not tell me how many lug nuts were involved but I would replace all of them at the same time.
A. This is quite common on lug-nuts that use an aluminum or chrome cap over the steel lug-net. I have seen these designs used on a variety of vehicles including my own little boat trailer. Rust forms under the cap and causes the lug-nuts to become swollen. When this happens, a standard socket is in some cases impossible to get on the lug-nut. My suggestion would be to replace all the lug-nuts with a one-piece design. You can find one piece lug-nuts online, a custom wheel and tire shop or Dorman corporation that develops repair solutions for just these kinds of problems.
Q. I need a remote starter install in my 2020 Toyota RAV4. The dealer quoted me a very expensive price and warned me about possible warranty issues if someone else installs it. Where should I take it to ensure that I have the installation done right?
A. Any quality automotive electronics shop should be able to install a remote starter in your RAV4. Some independent repair shops will also do the installation, but I prefer the electronics shop, since they normally will have additional wiring harnesses, relays or switches on-hand for a professional installation. Regarding warranty, you are protected by the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act. The law clearly suggests warranties by vehicle manufacturers cannot be void if a consumer uses another manufacturer’s parts.
Q. My 84-year-old husband’s 2005 Dodge Dakota will not pass inspection at the end of September due to rust underneath. A local body shop will look at it and let him know if it is worth fixing. The mileage is under 85,000, and when he bought it in 2007 it had about 23,000 miles on it. So, you can see how little he drives it. It is not garaged; we live on Long Island, and the truck came from Michigan. My first question is it worth fixing a 2005? My second question is what the estimated cost would be (ballpark figure)?
A. Without inspecting the truck, it is hard to determine the cost of a repair. But if I had to guess. You are probably looking at $2-3000 to repair the rust if sections of the frame can be capped and welded. If the entire frame needs replacement, $10,000 or more and that is if a frame is even available. I would try a welding shop to see if they can patch it or a body shop for a full frame replacement. Regarding is it worth it, if the rest of the truck is outstanding, maybe yes, but if it is a typical Dodge Dakota, with age related mechanical issues and body rust, this may be a case of throwing good money after bad.
Q. My 1988 Lincoln Town Car, door lock control will not open back door locks, also the ventilation fan does not work and lastly there is a gas smell. I replaced all the gas lines and the gas tank. The car has only 68,000 miles on it and needs bodywork. What should I do?
A. Well, it sounds like age is certainly affecting your 35-year-old car much more than mileage. The gas smell could be an over saturated evaporative emissions canister or a leaking throttle body (part of the fuel system) or fuel pump. The window issue could be wiring, or the master control switch and the fan could be a faulty fan, fuse, wiring or the switch. At this point if it were my car, even with the low mileage I would take it to a trusted shop and spend an hour or two worth of labor and have an overall evaluation of the car to see what else is going on. If the gas lines rusted out, it is possible the brake lines and transmission lines are also very rusty and even the frame could be starting to rot away. It may be time to let your Town Car go.
Q. My 2008 Suzuki XL7 has nearly 200,000 miles but runs great. The issues are the check engine light is on, the RPMs dip and vary. I am thinking of a good tune up and maybe the timing belt could be changed? The car resides and is registered in Florida, so I am not concerned with state inspection, but would like the car to run properly and be safe. Where should I bring it for repairs?
A. The engine in the Suzuki XL7 uses a chain not a belt, not saying it could not be worn, but it is not normal maintenance. If the timing chain does need replacement, it is expensive, taking nearly 12 hours labor to complete. The idle speed variation could be worn plugs, lazy oxygen sensor or a vacuum leak. If you need a garage in Florida or anywhere, go to aaa.com/repair to find a local AAA Approved Auto Repair shop near you.
Got a car question, email the Car Doctor for a personal reply. email@example.com
Q. I have a Kia and I’m waiting for an appointment to have the anti-theft system upgraded. Recently I was watching YouTube, and someone had a video of the theft and how a phone charger override the key-chip. Does that mean the upgraded system doesn’t work?
A. No what you were likely watching is YouTube nonsense. The phone charger is used as a turning device. How do I know this new technology is going to prevent my car from getting stolen? Once the immobilizer software is installed, turning the ignition switch without a key won’t start the car. It is my understanding that Hyundai and Kia models sold in Canada are required to have this immobilizer system, so the upgrade is proven technology. Keep in mind if a professional thief wants your car they can find a way around almost any anti-theft device. Of course, it is always best to lock your car, hide/remove valuables and park in well lighted areas.
Q. I am starting to think about buying a new vehicle since my Toyota RAV is now 20 years old and it seems as if I got my money’s worth. Can you please supply me your opinion on these vehicles: Chevrolet Trailblazer, Kia Sportage and Nissan Rogue. The new RAV’s are quite a bit bigger than the one I have. I am looking for something a little smaller. Any others I should consider?
A. You are correct, that what was once considered a compact SUV is closer to a mid-sized model. I recently drove the Honda CR-V hybrid, which in addition to very good fuel economy is a well-designed vehicle, but it is close to the size of my older mid-sized SUV. The Kia Sportage and Hyundai Tucson are solid choices. The Chevrolet Trailblazer has some blind-spots, and the handling is a little clumsy, but it rides smooth enough for a small SUV. The Roque is a bit bigger than the rest which translates into a smoother ride and more interior room. Something else to consider might be the Subaru Forester. The Forester returns decent fuel economy, a nice ride, and a full complement of standard advanced safety features.
Q. I have a 2012 Infiniti M37x, when slowing down fast not to a complete stop and then reaccelerating the transmission will clunk, more in standard mode than in sport drive mode. Please analyze and recommend a remedy.
A. Now certainly at 11 years old there could be some wear and tear to the transmission and axle shafts which is certainly worth checking. But interestingly Infiniti does have a technical service bulletin that could provide a solution. In some vehicles the axle shafts bind in the hubs and cause a clunk. The fix is to loosen the axle nut, push the axle back and lubricate the axle splines with an anti-seize lubricant. I would supply this a try before pursuing more costly repairs.
Q. I own a 2014 Audi A6, and the check engine light is on frequently. The dealership has checked this out with repairs and claimed it was due to a recall that was performed. They told me although the recall solved one problem it could have triggered others. Now to solve the problem the dealer is suggesting replacing about half a dozen sensors. This is quite expensive, and when I questioned it, the service person just said “you drive an Audi, and they are complicated and expensive”
A. Certainly, using the “parts cannon” approach is not in the customers best interest financially and may not even fix the problem. At this point I would try another dealer or an independent repair shop and have them perform a diagnostic inspection, check for current and pending fault codes, and recommend a repair.
Q. I recently saw an auction listing for a 1966 Mustang convertible with a C-code engine. The car looked beautiful and so far, the bidding seems quite reasonable. Can you explain the engine choices in the Mustang?
A. The 1965 to 1968 Mustangs had several engine choices, a simple straight six-cylinder to a high-performance K-code V-8 engine with dual point distributer and cast-iron exhaust headers. The C-code engine was a 289 cubic in V-8 that had a two-barrel carburetor and dual exhaust. The transmission could be a four-speed manual or automatic. The engine made about 200 horsepower which made this Mustang fun to drive but not exactly a hotrod.
Q. I have a 2002 Honda Accord and the cruise control works perfectly in warm weather. The problem is when the temperature drops to freezing the cruise control maintains the speed, but the engine RPMs fluctuate. What is wrong?
A. Since the speed is holding steady what you may be seeing in the tachometer is the torque converter clutch locking and unlocking. The torque converter clutch locks up based on speed, engine load, braking and temperature. This may be normal or signs that the torque converter is failing. At this point additional testing will be required.
Got a car question, email the Car Doctor for a personal reply. firstname.lastname@example.org