Although sex is not vital for good health, it's definitely good for you. It can boost circulation, help depression, soothe chronic pain, and reaffirm the joys of living. And sexual problems often signal deeper ills: Low libido, erectile dysfunction, genital infection, or sexual pain may hide a serious health problem such as diabetes or heart trouble.
President Joe Biden is highlighting his administration’s efforts to lower prescription drug costs on Friday as part of his three-state Western tour this week, as he confronts a sobering inflation report in the waning weeks before midterm elections
(ICSA Labs, Mechanicsburg, PA, www.icsalabs.com) The security solutions division of Verizon. ICSA Labs provides ISO-accredited testing and certification of antivirus software, firewalls, VPNs, intrusion detection systems, mobile apps and health IT products.
The organization dates back to the National Computer Security Association (NCSA), a computer security membership organization, founded in 1989. In 1998, NCSA changed its name to the International Computer Security Association (ICSA), which later became TruSecure.
In 2004, TruSecure merged with Betrusted Holdings, Inc. to form Cybertrust, creating the world's largest privately held information security firm at the time. In 2007, Cybertrust was purchased by Verizon. Included in the acquisition was ICSA Labs, an independent division of Cybertrust.
Can't sign in? Forgot your password?
Enter your email address below and we will send you the reset instructions
Can't sign in? Forgot your username?
Enter your email address below and we will send you your username
Max, last name withheld, is shown at a Recovery Care clinic where he is a client, in Ottawa, Ontario, on Wednesday, June 29, 2022. Justin Tang for NPR hide caption
Sydney and New South Wales has entered a more stringent coronavirus lockdown, with 10 new cases of community transmission reported in the 24 hours to 8pm last night and tough new restrictions imposed this afternoon.Coronavirus
In the public system, prices are set according to the Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) and Medicare pays 100% of the cost. You won't be left out of pocket, but you won't get your choice of hospital, doctor or appointment time either. In the private system, prices are usually higher than those listed in the Medicare Benefits Schedule and Medicare will only pay 75% of what it would have, had you gone public. Your private health insurance covers at least the remaining 25%. If your private doctor charges more than a doctor in the public system, which is usually the case, you'll have to cover the extra expense.
Remember, with hospital insurance, you'll also have to serve waiting periods. For example, if you have a pre-existing medical condition, you'll have to hold your policy for at least a year before your health insurance would chip in towards the cost of treatment.
The NHS Health Check is a health check-up for adults in England aged 40 to 74. It's designed to spot early signs of stroke, kidney disease, heart disease, type 2 diabetes or dementia. As we get older, we have a higher risk of developing one of these conditions. An NHS Health Check helps find ways to lower this risk.
The check is for people who are aged 40 to 74 who do not have any of the following pre-existing conditions:
You should have regular check-ups if you have one of these conditions. Your care team will be able to deliver you more information about this.
If you're in the 40 to 74 age group without a pre-existing condition, you should receive a letter from your GP surgery or local council inviting you for a free NHS Health Check every 5 years. You can also call your GP surgery to book a Health Check. You may want to try this online Heart Age test.
Once you've had your NHS Health Check, your healthcare professional will discuss your results with you. You'll be given advice to help you lower your risk of a stroke, kidney disease, heart disease, diabetes or dementia, and maintain or Boost your health. But you do not have to wait until then to make healthy changes. Take the How Are You quiz and start now.